Debugging warnings

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Debugging warnings
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:26:14 -0500

I'm working on getting octave-forge-2006.07.09 working with octave-2.9.6. When I make a plot and try creating a legend, I'm getting some warnings that I don't understand, and can't figure out what is causing them. The test commands are:

octave:1> plot(1:10);
octave:2> legend('text');
warning: variable switch label
warning: variable switch label
warning: variable switch label
warning: variable switch label

There are some other errors after this, but I've already found a fix for them. The problem is the warnings. They don't give any information about where in the code they are occuring, and printing debugging information inside the function seems to suggest that this warning happens while the function is being parsed but before anything is executed. So, what does this mean and how can I get rid of it?

Quentin