whitespace_in_literal_matrix?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: whitespace_in_literal_matrix?
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 01:42:02 -0400

On  8-Jul-2006, address@hidden wrote:

| I just received a copy of "GNU Octave Manual" (wanted to support the
| project of course) and am working through the book. It appears that
| the 'whitespace_in_literal_matrix' built-in variable is no longer
| supported:
|
| octave:33> whitespace_in_literal_matrix="ignore"
| whitespace_in_literal_matrix = ignore
| octave:34> [1 2]
| ans =
|
|   1  2
|
| octave:35>
|
| Can someone confirm this? I realize that it does not appear in the help, just
curious as to when it dissapeared.

What version of Octave are you using?  If it is 2.9.6, then take a
at the NEWS file that is distributed with the Octave sources.  If you
installed a binary package, it should be with the other "extra
documentation" files.  Debian puts it in the file
/usr/share/doc/octave2.9/NEWS.gz.

jwe