Re: configure with umfpack

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: configure with umfpack
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 00:12:56 +0200

John W. Eaton wrote:
> On  5-Jul-2006, Christian Lasarczyk wrote:
>
> | Dear octave users,
> | I am currently trying to compile octave 2.9.6 with umfpack. There are no
> | problems compiling both separately, but for some reason I am not able to
> | use "./configure" in a way, that makes it detect umfpack in my home
> | subdirectory.
>
> What did you try?
>
> | Maybe someone could post an example call from command line.
>
> Assuming you put the include files in ~/include and the libraries in
> ~/lib, the following should work:
>
>   configure CPPFLAGS=-I$HOME/include LDFLAGS=-L$HOME/lib ...
>
> jwe

Note that Octave needs at least umfpack 4.4 which is fairly recent or it
will refuse to use the umfpack libraries. You also need to have the AMD
libraries installed.. The easiest is to get the latest UFSparse package
rather than just umfpack and install that. UFSparse exists as both RPM
and DEB, and so installed from these package sources might be easier for
you.

D.