Re: Octave logs and Administrator privileges?

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Octave logs and Administrator privileges?
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 05:58:07 +0300

Przemek Klosowski wrote:
   The program flashes for a second and dissapears.

   E:\Program Files\GNU Octave 2.1.73\bin>rxvt

I think your rxvt terminal emulator isn't working. Do you have the X server
running?
To check that I would try a simple X applications, like xclock, that should
come with
the cygwin environment, if that is what you installed.

At least on my cygwin, rxvt does not need X, it runs natively on windows, so this might not be the problem (especially if a window does appear for a brief time)

That you are having trouble with rxvt seems to suggest a general problem with your cygwin install.

mybe try to locate bash.exe or sh.exe and try to run it from the dos prompt to see if it works or fails in a way which might add some information

Shai