Re: Noise shaping simulation

From: Steve C. Thompson
Subject: Re: Noise shaping simulation
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 21:23:34 -0700

On 02 Jul 06 13:05PM, Andnan wrote:
> I've simulated a noise shaping algorthm in Octave and
> for some reason it is giving me half the expected
> error.  I've been over my math 12 times and I see no
> issues with the theory and I can't see any issue with
> the code.
>
> Anyone have some experience with noise shaping in
> Octave?

I'm not sure what ``noise shaping'' is, but I've had
plenty of experience with factor-of-2 problems with
noise and error rate problems.  Maybe you could be more
specific with your problem at hand, but could it have
something to do with:

  1) the noise is complex?
  2) baseband versus bandpass modeling?

Good luck.