Re: profiler and/or debugger, loops vs vectorization

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: profiler and/or debugger, loops vs vectorization
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 12:01:17 -0400

On 30-Jun-2006, David Grohmann wrote:

| I would still like to know if there are any attempts at a
| debugger/profiler for octave.

Octave does have some debugging tools, but they are not precisely the
same as the ones in Matlab (see the functions dbclear, dbstatus,
dbstop, dbtype, dbwhere).

There is no profiler yet.  There was some discussion about it, I think
on the maintainers list some time ago, but so far no one has done the
work necessary to make it happen.

If anyone is interested in helping to write a profiler, then please
start a new thread on the maintainers list so we can discuss how to go
about doing it.

Thanks,

jwe