Problem installing octave on linux

From: ec00431
Subject: Problem installing octave on linux
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:26:15 +0300

Hello,
      I have a major problem installing octave on my suse 10 linux (I'm a
rookie)
      nearly a month now.I have an amd 64 bit proccesor and after downloading
the       rpms required i installed octave-2.1.71-x86_64.rpm without problem.
After that i typed octave to the terminal and got this message : " error while
such file or directory "
After that with the promt of a friend I installed
gnat-gcc-4.1.0-SuSE_10_0_r4.x86_64.rpm so as to get libgfortran.so.1()(64 bit).
What i don't know is :
1. Do I have the right distribution of octave ?
2. What does this error message means ?
3. Could you please send me a list of rpm 's needed to install octave?
I 'm looking forward to your reply

Yours gratefully,
                 Athanasiou Michael

P.S Octave is not on the distribution DVD