Re: 2.9.6 build fails on an Opteron RHEL4

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: 2.9.6 build fails on an Opteron RHEL4
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:09:23 +0200

Fredrik Lingvall wrote:

>>| configure:2323: gcc -v >&5
>>| Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/3.4.4/specs
>>| Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man
>>| --infodir=/u
>>| sr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --disable-checking
>>| --with-s
>>| ystem-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-libunwind-exceptions
>>| --enable-java-aw
>>| t=gtk --host=x86_64-redhat-linux
>>
>>I was asking about the Fortran compiler.
>>

>Since I did not specify it with F77= ... I guess the fortran compiler that
>comes with the gcc above is used.

>>| I use K. Goto's BLAS (and a LAPACK compiled against  the GOTO BLAS lib).
>>
>>So, is it compiled in a way that ensures that the integer quantities
>>are 8 byte signed integers?
>>

>Goto BLAS auto detects the architecture when compiling and I have not
>thoroughly checked exactly what compiler flags that are used so I'm not
>sure
>(there is a lot of arch specific assembly code in Goto BLAS which I also
>haven't
>looked at).
>
>LAPACK, I have compiled with the -m64 flag and from gcc man,
>
>-m32'
>`-m64'
>     Generate code for a 32-bit or 64-bit environment.  The 32-bit
>     environment sets int, long and pointer to 32 bits.  The 64-bit
>     environment sets int to 32 bits and long and pointer to 64 bits.
>
>so I guess it the depends on whether the "integer quantities" are declared
>as int:s or long:s.

For the sparse stuff in UFSparse you'll need to use the same flags to
gcc as you use to compile octave. In this case whether int or long is
64-bit will be autodetected and the correct versions of the UFSparse
code will be used for 64-bit. All of the UFSparse code we use has both
int and long versions available.

Regards
David

[x] General Business Information