using error() in oct-files

From: matthias . bergmeister
Subject: using error() in oct-files
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:54:43 +0200

Hello,
I have a question regarding the use of error() in a C++ oct-file. When called, error() just displays the error message but does not terminate the oct-file and return control to the octave prompt. This behaviour is different to the behaviour of mexErrMsgTxt. I order to leave the oct-file, I have to return an octave_value. However this doesn't seem to make sense to me, as the return value can't be accessed at the octave prompt when an error has occured in the oct-file. What is the intention behind this behaviour of error(). Is there another command which does terminate the oct-file?

Cheers,
Matthias