Re: generating a manual from collection of functions

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: generating a manual from collection of functions
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 14:47:34 +0200

Mike Miller wrote:
> We store information about functions in the header lines of the function
> file (usually an m-file).  Is there a good way to generate a manual from a
> collection of function files?  Some sort of texinfo method?
>
> Mike

Check the octave-forge mkdoc and mktexi scripts and the files it builds
in main/comms/doc and main/fixed/doc. Essentially I include a line like

@REFERENCE_SECTION(Communications)

in comms.txi and then the "Communications" section of the index file I
pass is used to create a manual of functions by category and
alphabetically with a command like

cd main/comms/doc
mkdoc ../ > DOCSTRINGS
mktexi comms.txi DOCSTRINGS ../INDEX > comms.texi

Then the only thing you need to write is an INDEX file and a little
extra in the *.txi file.

Regards
David