Re: gnuplot 4.1 and imagesc

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: gnuplot 4.1 and imagesc
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 22:06:42 -0500

Peter Søndergaard wrote:

Dear list,

how do I get Octave to use the new image features in gnuplot 4.1? I
would like get imagesc to respect "subplot" and "print". Is this
possible?

I am running Octave 2.9.5 (Fedora Core 5), but I have no problem in
patching/upgrading.

I am very interested in this, but this is where I'm a little frustrated with gnuplot's slow release cycles. I would be willing to work on patches for octave, but I wouldn't expect John to apply patches until a 4.1 release is widely available in the distributions, and I don't really want to maintain patches to a source tree that will be changing in the meantime. Do any of the gnuplot insiders on the list here know how soon we might expect a release?

Quentin