Re: Octave on Intel-macintosh: experiences?

From: A S HODEL
Subject: Re: Octave on Intel-macintosh: experiences?
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:13:37 -0500

On Jun 2, 2006, at 11:19 AM, Keith Goodman wrote:

On 6/2/06, A S HODEL <address@hidden> wrote:
(C++ source called from Octave through python; don't ask why)

I won't ask why, but I am interested in how.

I'd like a bridge between python and octave. Python to interact with a
database and Octave to do computations.

How did you call python from octave and how did you pass your data?
The system command and files? Or something more direct?

System command and files, yep. I was given a set of python scripts that I haven't deciphered yet, but are essential to a set of monte carlo runs. I write my own design parameters in a separate file to be loaded by the C++ code, then call python to supervise the monte- carlo runs.

I've only started using python in the last couple of months, and this approach lets me get the job done.

Yours

A S Hodel