Re: Oct-file version of x>0

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Oct-file version of x>0
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 12:34:32 -0400

On 30-May-2006, Michael Kopp wrote:

| > I think the best way to start is with a table that translates m-file
| > commands into oct-file commands.
| >
| > The first column is the m-file command; the second column is the
| > corresponding oct-file command; maybe a third column for comments.
| >
| > One table could be for matrix manipulation:
| >
| > x > 2
| > mx_el_gt (x, 2)
|
|  <Snip>
|

| Speaking of matrix manipulation in oct-files: Is there an easy-to-use
| equivalent to the sort function?

If you start by looking at the implementation of Octave's sort
function in src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/sort.cc, you'll see that most everything
is defined in that file.  Some of the code inside sort.cc could go in
liboctinterp instead, so that it would be more easily used by other
functions.  Patches welcome.

jwe