Re: gnuplot alternatives on Windows

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: gnuplot alternatives on Windows
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 08:09:31 -0700

Uh, ....when you plot, you're just "looking" at the data,
not preserving it.  So why show it all?

I have a similar problem when the data set is large number
of  complex values specially mesh plotted for a 3d effect.

So before I plot, I just run the data set a few times
through my "reducrows.m and reducecolumns.m" programs.

>> display=reducecolumns(reducerows(data,3),2);
>> gsplot display;

The number means the times the program cuts in half plus
one the rows/columns doesn't distort the image very much
and really, really speeds up the display plots.

For example above would have gone from 1028 by 800 down to
128 by 200, much more manageable.

              - Robert -