Re: ["Can I ", sprintf ("make this code work?\n")]

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: ["Can I ", sprintf ("make this code work?\n")]
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 00:29:03 -0400

On 29-May-2006, Keith Goodman wrote:

| Do you add a space between the function name and its argument?

I do because I find code that looks like this

  foo=bar(x,y,z);

hard to read, especially if there are many (possibly long) lines all
jammed together.  Probably that is because a little white space helps
me to separate words.

Imaginewhatitwouldbelikeifwedidn'tuseanywhitespaceinsentences.

The reason for using a space before the paren (and commas) but not
after is that this is normally the way English is written, so I find
it most natural.

jwe