Re: ["Can I ", sprintf ("make this code work?\n")]

From: William Poetra Yoga Hadisoeseno
Subject: Re: ["Can I ", sprintf ("make this code work?\n")]
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 10:37:05 +0800

On 5/30/06, Keith Goodman <address@hidden> wrote:
On 5/29/06, William Poetra Yoga Hadisoeseno <address@hidden> wrote:
> Oh well, since the general convention (IMO) for Octave code is "func
> (arg1, arg2, ...)" with a space in between, is it better then to write
> it like this instead:
>
> ["Can I ", (sprintf ("make this code work?\n"))]

Do you add a space between the function name and its argument? I'm
hoping that this bug is a good excuse to remove that feature. It
bothers me almost as much as double spaces between sentences.

I don't usually do that, but I see that most m-files in Octave is
written that way. It's not my style, and I didn't quite get used to it
initially, but I think it has a benefit that we can distinguish
between a function call and an array indexing just by looking at the
code:

myfunc (1, 2, 3) -> function call
myarray(1,2,3) -> getting an array element

Double spaces between sentences also bothers me (makes me feel
uneasy...), but it seems that a lot of other people does that...
(maybe because they are used to writing TeX?)

--
William Poetra Yoga Hadisoeseno