Command line options in Windows

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Command line options in Windows
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 04:43:57 -0400

On 24-May-2006, Coert Metz wrote:

| Hello,
|
| I'm using the packaged Windows version of octave (octave-forge).
| Now I'm adding a script filename as command line option to octave.exe in the
|
| octave.sh file to let octave load and run this file. This works. Octave
| starts
| and executes the script file. But after that the console is closed. I want
| it
| to stay open. The --persist option does not seem to work. Is there another
| way to load an octave file or to keep the console open?

What version of Octave are you using?  I think --persist is only
implemented in 2.9.x versions.  Earlier versions did not have this
feature.

For 2.1.x, if you can do the thing you want in a function, then you
can use the --funcall FUNCTION option.  Or, you can put the code you
want to run in your ~/.octaverc or .octaverc file, but that's a bit of
a kluge, so I would only recommend that if you really need to do this.

jwe