Re: help with a DLD function that segfaults after its execution.

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: help with a DLD function that segfaults after its execution.
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:30:04 -0400

On 18-May-2006, John Swensen wrote:

| Make sure you return an octave_value() or octave_value_list() from the
| DLD function.  I'm not exactly sure why this occurs, but I know it has
| bit me several times.

The crash happens because when Octave calls a built-in function, it
always looks for an octave_value_list object to be returned.  The list
may be empty, but the only way for Octave to know that is to look at
the object.  If you provide no object for Octave to examine, well,
then bad things happen.

jwe