help with a DLD function that segfaults after its execution.

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: help with a DLD function that segfaults after its execution.
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:28:51 -0400

On 18-May-2006, Guillem Borrell Nogueras wrote:

| Compilation goes fine but the function segfaults at the end of the execution
| and I cant' find the reason.

If you are using GCC and you add -Wall to the compiler flags, you
would see the warning

  test_function_call.cc: In function 'octave_value_list
Ftest_function_call(const octave_value_list&, int)':
  test_function_call.cc:61: warning: control reaches end of non-void function

I normally use -Wall, and I think it was in the compiler flags used by
mkoctfile originally.  Probably it was this change

2003-11-15  John W. Eaton  <address@hidden>

        * configure.in: Add -Wall and -Wshadow to WARN_CFLAGS and
        WARN_CXXFLAGS instead of CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS.

that dropped them (WARN_CFLAGS and WARN_CXXFLAGS) do not appear in
mkoctfile.  Should we add those flags for mkoctfile too?

jwe