Re: Usenet newsgroup for Octave proposed

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: Usenet newsgroup for Octave proposed
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 10:23:47 -0700

Our ISP provides a "reader" so we have no bandwidth
problem.  The reader works at their end so only the emails
I want to read take any time.  Forgot, about that feature.
 One of the main reasons for uninstalling all the MS
products.

In my experience, my spam dramatically increased after
working through some scientific Usenet groups.  I don't
know how much spam can be attributed to being on the octave
list.  But then again our ISP has a spam filter that places
all potential spam into a separate area for review, usually
all emails there are spam.  So clearing/avoiding spam is
easy.

I really appreciate being able to read the total return
address on the emails.  Hate to lose that feature.  It's
like as anonymity shrinks, responsibility improves.

            - Robert -