Usenet newsgroup for Octave proposed

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Usenet newsgroup for Octave proposed
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 18:04:33 -0400

FYI, I just noticed that that a discussion has been started about
forming a Usenet newsgroup for Octave.  Do a google groups search for
RFD: comp.soft-sys.octave to find the thread.

FWIW, I'm happy with the mailing lists we currently have and I stopped
reading Usenet several years ago so I'm not sure that I would
participate.  I don't think the traffic is all that high on the list
that it justifies creating a separate newsgroup.  YMMV.

jwe