histc in Octave?

From: Aakash Dalwani
Subject: histc in Octave?
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 00:39:42 -0400

Hi,
   Does Octave a function like Matlab's histc?

"help histc
 HISTC Histogram count.
    N = HISTC(X,EDGES), for vector X, counts the number of values in X
    that fall between the elements in the EDGES vector (which must contain
    monotonically non-decreasing values).  N is a LENGTH(EDGES) vector
    containing these counts.

    N(k) will count the value X(i) if EDGES(k) <= X(i) < EDGES(k+1).  The
    last bin will count any values of X that match EDGES(end).  Values
    outside the values in EDGES are not counted."

Octave has the Matlab function hist, but not histc......any pointers to how should I go about getting/implementing it?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

A prompt reply will really help my cause :)

Thanks,
Aakash