Re: etime

From: Keith Goodman
Subject: Re: etime
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 06:06:21 -0700

If I check the etime function, datenum will be used:

  [d1, s1] = datenum (t1);
  [d0, s0] = datenum (t0);

but datenum doesn't support 2 return values??!!??

I'm using Octave-2.9.5 on Cygwin and WinXP

are the return values changed from datenum?

From

http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/octave/lists/bug-octave/2006/454

The problem is that you have two datenum functions on your computer.
One from octave-forge, which returns one output argument, and one from
octave, which returns two output arguments.

The second output argument of datenum was added recently. Maybe it
should be removed for compatibility.

If you remove the octave-forge datenum (or just move it out of your
path) etime will work.