Re: PLplot and Octave

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: PLplot and Octave
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 13:44:34 +0200

* Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso <address@hidden> [2006-05-09 16:13]:

> Eager to try out alternatives, I apt-got (Debian testing/unstable)
> everything related to plplot and Octave just to see how it compares
> with the standard (slightly non-free) gnuplot interface.
>
> Seems to work fine, except that when I closed the test plplot window
> that Octave opened, plplot complained about explicit kill or x-server
> shutdown, segfaulted, and Octave core-dumped:

Could you please test with the packages at:

    http://people.debian.org/~rafael/plplot/

These packages have been uploaded to Debian unstable some days ago and
are waiting at the NEW for ftp-admin approval
(http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html).

For a better quality of the plots, you might be interested in using the
Gnome Canvas Widget driver, selected through:

    plsdev ("gcw")

--
Rafael