Re: Mentoring for Control System Toolbox development (Was: Google's "sum

From: Carlos Villegas
Subject: Re: Mentoring for Control System Toolbox development (Was: Google's "summer of code")
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 19:27:01 +0100

Raymond E. Rogers wrote:

David Bateman wrote:
Carlos Villegas wrote:
Hi, I work with control system theory in matlab normally and I'm trying
to migrate to octave. I've found that the transfer functions cannot be
multi-dimensional (e.g. 2-input 3-output) and by result no bode plots,
stepplots or similar can be obtained. I was wondering if an acceptable
project could be taken out of this and if somebody would be interested
in mentoring.

I'm not really an expert on control theory and so it makes no sense for
me to be your mentor. I hope one of them is reading this thread, but it
I take the opportunity of changing the title in the hope you get a
better response. You might also be able to track the control system
toolbox guru's of octave with the mailing list search engine.
Unfortunately the official one is out of order at the moment, but you
can use the one on gmane at one of

http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.octave.general
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.octave.maintainers

etc. Use the search box at the box of the page with something like
"control" as the keyword should identify those interested in the control
system toolbox..

Best of Luck
David