RE: no fortran compiler found.

From: Hall, Benjamin
Subject: RE: no fortran compiler found.
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 13:31:47 -0400

Try

./configure --with-f77=gfortran

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden
[mailto:address@hidden Behalf Of Matt Tillard
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 12:28 PM
To: address@hidden
Subject: no fortran compiler found.

Hello,

I am just getting started using octave, and I keep getting this error
while running configure,

checking for gfortran... no
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
checking whether  accepts -g... no
checking for f2c... no
configure: WARNING: in order to build octave, you must have a compatible
configure: WARNING: Fortran compiler or f2c installed and in your path.
configure: error: See the file INSTALL for more information.

I have installed gfortran, and gcc 4.0.3.   Any idea on what to do?  I
don't know many UNIX line commands, just the basics, but I do
understand them.  Thanks all.

Matt