Re: Displaying an animation / "movie"

From: Joshua Rigler
Subject: Re: Displaying an animation / "movie"
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 11:14:30 -0600

Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
On 5/3/06, Joshua Rigler <address@hidden> wrote:

...and for the archives...

For those using certain versions of Fedora Linux, you may have long ago
noticed that something was broken with Imagemagick's 'convert' routine
whenever converting from .eps to some sort of rasterized format.  The
resolution was bad no matter what you set '-density' equal to, black
lines were changed into white lines, and a whole slew of other things
that resulted in an image of very poor quality.

Though I like ghostscript myself, just for the record -- convert seems to be
working fine for me on Fedora Core 5 with recent updates.

Thank you for the update.

I had noticed the problem in Core 3 and 4. It was not an issue with Core 2, nor with any of the Enterprise RH's I used at work, all of which had a 5.x version of Imagemagick installed I believe. I'm glad to hear it is again functioning properly in Fedora Core 5, which I have not been brave enough to test yet myself.

-EJR