Re: For the FAQ: What (system|compiler|package) do you use?

From: Guillem Borrell Nogueras
Subject: Re: For the FAQ: What (system|compiler|package) do you use?
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 11:51:45 +0200

On Sunday 30 April 2006 22:09, Etienne Grossmann wrote:
>   Hi All,
>
> in order to accurately update the FAQ, I'd like to do the following
> survey:
>
> 1) What operating system do you use octave on?

1. Gentoo (octave 2.1.72 and waiting for the 2.9.x ebuild)
2. Kubuntu breezy (octave 2.1.71)

> 2) Was octave compiled on your own machine?

1. Yes, I used the ebuild.
2. No

>    a) If yes, what compiler was used?

1. gcc-3.4.6
2. -

>       In particular, did anyone use anything else than GCC?

Once I tried the intel compliers unsuccessfully.

>    b) Else, where does the binary come from?
>
>       In particular, anything else than Debian, Suse, RedHat, MacOsX,
>       Windows+Cygwin from Sourceforge?

1. -
2. I think that this particular ubuntu deb is from the debian archive.

guillem

--
Guillem Borrell Nogueras
WEBSITE