Re: Octave/MatLab to C/C++

From: Jens Ruecknagel
Subject: Re: Octave/MatLab to C/C++
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:33:21 +0200

I did some research on an Octave Compiler,

I wrote an university paper on compiling Octave. But only implemented a
proof of concept compiler. If you want to implement an Octave compiler
(this might be faster done than rewriting your files ;-) ) I can assist you.

If you want a ready compiler: sorry I don't have one.

Jens

Remi VIEUX schrieb:
> Hi everyone.
> I would like to convert a program created for MatLab
> into a standalone application ie. written in C/C++,
> and if possible, I 'd like to avoid doing it manually
> as far as possible. I know that the MatLab compiler
> can generate C/C++ code from MatLab .m files,

Does it??? As I understand it, the Matlab compiler generates a binary
file (such as a DLL) and C++ wrapper code for your m-files. This way you
won't be able to prot it on other platforms than Windows.

Read: http://www.mathworks.com/products/compiler/description1.html