Re: saving files

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: saving files
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 05:11:36 +0200

Ada Cheng wrote:
save -ascii filename variable
Ada
Ada,

This is the goal of octave to support the above syntax, exactly due to this long standing difference to matlab, and the "-text" option was introduced to replace the "-ascii" option. This was done about a year ago to allow people to get used to the "-text" option and replace "-ascii" in their existing code with "-text". Its probably time now to make octave do what you suggest above, but it won't work at this time in any version of octave at this time..

D.