Re: Mkoctfile cygwin

From: James R. Phillips
Subject: Re: Mkoctfile cygwin
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 06:19:18 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Keshab Man Shrestha (Dr)" wrote:

> I installed windows version of octave 2.1.73 (by downloading
> octve-2-1.73-inst.exe). I could create the oregonator.oct file by
> issuing the following commant inside octave
>
> >> system("mkoctfile oregonator.cc")
>
> I get
>
>       ans = 0
> return. However, when I type "oregonator ([1,2,3],0)" inside octave. It
> closes the octave window.
>
> Any help is highly appreciated.
>
> Keshab

OK, here is some help - you did not install the cygwin version of octave.

The cygwin version of octave is installed using the cygwin setup.exe program,
and not anything else.  If you want to install someone else's windows port of
octave, go right ahead, but please don't call it the cygwin version, as you did
in your original subject line.

James R. Phillips
volunteer cygwin octave maintainer