mex and mxcell

From: Paul Koufalas
Subject: mex and mxcell
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 00:32:25 -0500

G'day all.

Just wondering why there is no support for mxCreateCellMatrix() and
mxSetCell() in Octave's mex wrapper to mkoctfile?

Perhaps mex pre-dated cell arrays in Octave?

Is there a workaround? I want to try out a 3rd party Matlab toolbox
under Octave and it comes with lots of MEX files. I've found that just 1
out of the 31 MEX files won't compile to a .oct using Octave's mex, and
it's because it contains mxCreateCellMatrix and mxSetCell.

Cheers