Re: chol?

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Re: chol?
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 21:21:28 -0400

Well thanks Doug, Joe, Marius, Jordi, ...

Now I know it's my screwed up system. I love Macintoshes, but I hate
their incompatibilty with the real world.

And now I remember what the Cholesky factor is. You start with an inner
product and an arbitrary basis and construct an orthogonal basis from
that. The first orthogonal vector is a multiple of the first basis
vector. The second orthogonal vector a linear combination of the first
two basis vectors, etc. The Choleksy factor is produced by choosing the
standard delta-ij basis to start with.

Oh well, at least the Octave stuff that is important to me does work on
my system.

Regards,

Vic