Re: Saving freqz plot

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Saving freqz plot
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 15:50:58 -0600

On 4/15/06, Keith Goodman <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 4/15/06, Shai Ayal <address@hidden> wrote:
> > the print function is what you need.
> >
> > Shai
> >

> > Cederik León De León Acuña wrote:
> > > Hi all:
> > >
> > >     How can i save the plot-result from   freqz   to a file?
>
> How to save a plot seems to be a frequently asked question. Does
> anyone remember a thread that contains a good answer and example that
> we can add to the Octave FAQ?
>
> That will help users of current releases of Octave. For future
> releases maybe we should add a paragraph to the help text of plot that
> says something like:
>
> To save a plot, in one of several image formats such as png, use the
> `print' command.

In this particular case (to save an output of "freqz" command to a png file)
one pretty much has to use one's system PrintScreen option...
octave:1> freqz ([1,2,3],[4,5,6],100,'whole')

make a multiplot with 3 graphs and "print" will save only the last one
into the file.

In my opinion, "multiplot" feature of gnuplot is misused often for
things that a
separate page-layout program should be used.

Again, in this particular case (freqz_plot) I would make all three graphs on
a single plot with perhaps two different Y axes -- one for dB and another
for degrees.

Sincerely,

Dmitri.