Re: win octave and emacs

From: Guillem Borrell Nogueras
Subject: Re: win octave and emacs
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:56:09 +0200

Sorry, the previous answer was as short as incomplete.

In Windows, Emacs looks for the .emacs file in the folder defined by the HOME
environment variable.  When this variable is not explicitly defined takes the
value  "C:\" .  The environment variables are in Control
Panel->System->Advanced Options.

However I'd suggest you to install the EmacsW32 distribution of emacs instead
of NTEmacs.  This distribution defines the HOME environment variable at the
installation. In both cases you must create the .emacs file from scratch.

guillem

--
Guillem Borrell Nogueras
WEBSITE