Re: square waves

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: square waves
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:46:15 -0400 (EDT)

   I would like to be able to specify a duty cycle and frequency to impose on
an array.

OK, others suggested methods for that.

   Also I would like it to truly appear to be square from an
   interpolation perspective i.e. plotting and intersection
   interpolation do not assume the wave to be a smooth transition from
   1 to zero, but a sharp nonlinearity (or at least approximately one)

When you plot with lines, a vertical line will be drawn on 1->0 and 0->1
transitions. As far as I know, there's no way to plot the line for flat
regions, and NOT plot it for transitions. Even digital logic analysers
plot a vertical line for transitions, for better visibility.