Re: compiling x86_64 with acml

From: Jonathan Schreiter
Subject: Re: compiling x86_64 with acml
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 07:09:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Quentin,
Thanks for the reply.  I think octave's configure is
picking up the acml for blas OK as indicated in the
following output:

Octave is now configured for x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

  Source directory:     .
  Installation prefix:  /usr/local
  C compiler:           gcc   -Wall -W -Wshadow -g -O2
  C++ compiler:         g++   -Wall -W -Wshadow -g -O2
  Fortran compiler:     g77 -O
  Fortran libraries:     -L/usr/lib64
-L/opt/acml3.1.0/gnu64/lib
-L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/x86_64-redhat-linux/3.2.3
-L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/x86_64-redhat-linux/3.2.3/../../../../lib64
-L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/x86_64-redhat-linux/3.2.3/../../..
-L/lib/../lib64 -L/usr/lib/../lib64 -lfrtbegin -lg2c
-lm -lgcc_s
  BLAS libraries:        -lacml
  FFTW libraries:
  HDF5 libraries:
  MPI libraries:
  LIBS:                 -lreadline  -lncurses -lm
  Default pager:        less
  gnuplot:              gnuplot

  Do internal array bounds checking:  false
  Build static libraries:             true
  Build shared libraries:             false
  Dynamic Linking:                    false
  Include support for GNU readline:   true

I think the error has something to do with the gcc
install / configuration relative to enabling fortran
compiler support.  The example program on the wiki
will not compile on my system:

 #include <string>
  #include <iostream>
  using namespace std;
  int main (void)
  {
    basic_string <char>a = "thing one";
    string b = "thing two";
    cout << a.c_str() << endl;
    return (a == b);
  }

and returns lots of undefined references (the same as
the output of the octave compile - only in smaller
quantities).

I'll try working with the installs of the various rpms
available for gcc and fortan support.  If I come up
with a procedure, I'll reply to the mailing list.  In
the meantime, if someone already has this documented,
please let me know.

Many thanks,
Jonathan