xmlread overflow?

From: Christopher Fearing
Subject: xmlread overflow?
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:36:34 -0500

I am having problems dealing with large XML files....
Specifically, I can read the attached file in properly
once, but if I attempt to read it again, octave quits,
with the error

xmltree_read.l:801: xml_lex: Assertion 'next<limit' failed.

I have frequently been able to deal with this amount of data in
octave when using CSV files, so I would believe this problem
to be specific to the xml facilities of octave

to read the file I use the command

a=xmlread("322_1.xml");

This works the first time, and all data is present. If I attempt to read this file again into a different variable (or another file of similar size)
xmlread produces the error.