Re: RFC, Octave-IT++ extensions

From: Joan Picanyol i Puig
Subject: Re: RFC, Octave-IT++ extensions
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 05:33:04 -0500

* Muthiah Annamalai <address@hidden> [20060406 03:40]:
>   I want you to give me some ideas on what a Octave user will expect
>   from the Octave-IT++ interface.

My most important requirement is easy of use regarding debugging. I
realize it's not simple because of the nature of the project, but being
able to see my bits going in and out of IT++ functions is a must if I'm
to figure why on earth my simulations are not giving me the expected
results.

I'd call a "usable interface" any documented way of specifying if and
how to log input/output data. For example, calling
ITcomm("really_tell_me_everything_you_see"), or maybe
ITcomm("save_all_data_in_this_huge_log_file"), and being able to switch
in on/off at runtime (so I can enable it in the module I'm working on at
any moment), similar to how silent_functions works.

tks
--
pica