RE: New Octave for Windows sourceforge release

From: Billings, Paul
Subject: RE: New Octave for Windows sourceforge release
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:57:28 -1000

I did one thing: I put the following line in my .octaverc:
edit editor
'/cygdrive/c/progra~1/xemacs/XEmacs-21.4.13/i586-pc-win32/winclient.exe
`cygpath -msa %s`'

>From the octave prompt I type 'edit abc.m' and a function with lots of
boilerplate text shows up in my editor (native windows version of XEmacs).
The email address generated is "address@hidden", which is my username and
machine name.  Granted, it's not very useful as a public email address, but
I don't know how octave would get my real address since windows doesn't know
about that.  I would probably delete some of this boilerplate since it's not
public information.

This new file was created in $HOME/octave, not /octave_files.  ($HOME==my
cygwin home directory).  Attached is the file.  I'm running XP Pro SP1, GNU
Octave, version 2.1.73 (i686-pc-cygwin).

Paul