save plot to file and stay plot windows after execution

From: Andreas Sæbjørnsen
Subject: save plot to file and stay plot windows after execution
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:35:28 -0800

Working on an octave script I have bumped into the problem that I can not save the plot to a color file. Using
gset term postscript
gset output "filename.ps"
replot
I can save it to a non-color file. Is it possible to save to a gif, jpeg and color eps file in an octave script? I am sorry if this question has been asked
many times before as I was not able to search the mailing list. The error message I got was:
      The requested URL /software/octave/cgi-bin/searcharchives was not found on this server.
when searching at
      http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/octave/lists/archive/

Otherwise the plots disappears after 1 second when the execution of the script ends. Is there any way I can stay the windows? Though google cache I found a thread on this topic, but link to the thread was invalid. I suppose this is the same problem as the above.

Thanks
Andreas Saebjoernsen