Re: Website Modifications (Re: New Octave for Windows sourceforge releas

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Website Modifications (Re: New Octave for Windows sourceforge release)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 09:42:03 -0500

On Mar 24, 2006, at 11:19 PM, Bill Denney wrote:

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Paul Kienzle wrote:

Regarding the download.html page for OS X, I believe Darwinports does not provide binaries and I've found fink binaries to be old and fink not very easy to use. The best source of octave binaries for OS X I've found is the following:

        http://hpc.sourceforge.net/

Is fink bad enough to be removed from the list?

No idea . . . I stopped using it years ago.

Also, do you have any experience with DarwinPorts? Is it good/bad? Up to date?

I used it a couple of times and it was reasonably up to date. I haven't tried it recently.

The advantage of hpc is that it is fast and easy and doesn't require a bunch of development tools on your machine to use it. I want to minimize hassle for my users so that I spend less time on support and more time developing the code.

- Paul