Re: Plots overlayed on Images

From: Marius Schamschula
Subject: Re: Plots overlayed on Images
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:46:17 -0600

On Mar 20, 2006, at 10:53 PM, Joe Koski wrote:

on 3/20/06 7:19 PM, Paul Kienzle at address@hidden wrote:

Either use epstk or experiment with gnuplot 4.1.  I couldn't find a binary for 4.1 for OS X so I will leave that game to somebody else for now.

  • Paul

Paul,

An update: I got your e-mail with the gnuplot-4.1 version of image.m. When I try to build gnuplot-4.1 from source on my Mac, when I do the ./prepare, I get a message that you need autoconf-5.8 or higher, and my Mac has autoconf-5.7. Bummer. I downloaded autoconf-5.9, and it is doing make check as I write. If I can install autoconf-5.9 into /usr/local and temporarily rename the Mac’s autoconf, then maybe I’ll have a shot at building gnuplot-4.1. I’ll aim at trying to produce a portable binary in a tar file, that installs into a separate directory, so maybe we can all try it. It’ll be a while. The new bmpwrite.m for 3D image files works ok with image.m, but I having some trouble with imshow.m, which seems to provide a colormap where it doesn’t need one. More on that later.

Joe

Let us know how this goes. I haven't tried to build gnuplot 4.1 yet. I prefer not to build out of cvs - too unstable.