eigs arpack arpack++ and Debian

From: Christophe Prud'homme
Subject: eigs arpack arpack++ and Debian
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:57:26 +0100

All, David

it seems that eigs is not supported in octave 2.9.4 (at least in debian
version)
I am the maintainer of arpack and arpack++ in Debian. arpack++ is a C++
interface to arpack and simplifies tremendously the use of arpack.

unfortunately arpack++ is not maintained anymore by the original authors. I
have taken over the maintenance (non officially) and ported arpack++ to the
newest version of g++ and use now
autoconf/automake/libtool. There is also a complete testsuite that can be run
automatically with a large set of sparse matrices and problems (standard and
general) to test the library

the implementation of eigs should perhaps be simplified with arpack++
and the testsuite could perhaps be ported to octave.

here is the link (at the bottom the the page)
http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/arpack++.html

Could that be helpful ?

Best regards
C.