Plots overlayed on Images

From: Theresa Bullard
Subject: Plots overlayed on Images
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:52:19 -0800

Can anyone help me with how to overlay plots onto images in octave?

I have generated some plots of points that are supposed to be marking out specific features from an image passed to the function. I'd like to see a "true size" representation of this plot on top of the original image so that I can visually inspect the accuracy of the feature matching and adjust the relevant parameters to fine tune its effectiveness.

The line I'm using currently to display things is giving me two separate graphic windows
1) the original image is being displayed in "preview", the default image viewer for Mac OSX, and is being called from a user defined function "show" that uses the imagesc(im) routine as well as the subplot(rci) routine
2) the plot of feature points is displayed in Aquaterm as called from the plot() routine

show(1), hold on, plot(c1,r1,'r+');

How can I get these displayed in one window with the points overlaying the image?

I am working with octave 2.1.71 on Mac OSX 10.3.9 and I believe that gnuplot 4.0.0 is the one that is working on my system currently

Thanks
Theresa