Re: Octave in Universities

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Octave in Universities
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 18:47:12 -0800

I agree with M. I spent more than a day over a period of years trying to
learn 'vi' but I just don't get it. I can use it but everything takes me
about 10 x as long as it should. I humbly suggest that we should not have to
use 'vi' to be able to use octave. I anticipate that Emacs will be just as
difficult but I haven't tried it.

Smultron (little strawberry in Swedish) for Mac is an editor whose flavor I
like and that I was able to use without a learning curve.

Printing a plot using AquaTerm for Mac with pdf or eps options is the way
one should be able to do it in my opinion (without any hassle).
Henry