using listen to receive commands

From: Corbin Champion
Subject: using listen to receive commands
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 19:52:52 +0000

Using the listen command is trival enough to start octave listening of a particular port, but does someone have an example, or some help of how to communicate with it after that point (ie send an arbitrary command and get the text response). I would like to do this from...
a) perl or some other scripting language
b) from another process of octave running
both are intersting to me. a) is what I would like to get working, while b) is interesting because I am wondering what functions aleady exist for this within octave.
Any help would be great!
Corbin