memory management on Octave + writing .oct files

From: Agnes Bousquier
Subject: memory management on Octave + writing .oct files
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:31:59 +0100

Hello everybody,

I am facing problems of slowness with my .m files, so I tried several ways to make them run faster, and have some questions :

1- Are there any routines which allows us to manage memory on Octave (like "malloc" and "free" for C language)?

2- About .oct files : what should I do to call an Octave's function (like imshow) in a .oct file?

Than you very much in advance for your replies.

Best regards,

Agnes