making a custom Octave object

From: Raoul BERGER
Subject: making a custom Octave object
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 21:30:36 +0100

Hello,

I'm writting a few Octave tools in c++ programming language,
for a project.

I've made a custom Octave object, inherited from the
class octave_base_stream, because I needed to override some
methods like "seek", or "read". This works well.

I'd like to add new methods to my object. To do this, I have
to cast the octave_stream object to my custom object.
However, the real representation of the octave_stream
object (called "rep", in oct-stream.h) can't be accessed, while
I need it to perform the type casting.

I wonder if it's possible to add an accessor method to obtain
this "rep" in future version of Octave ? Like the one defined
in file ov.h to access the representarion of an octave_value.

Thx,

RB