octave won't start: panic: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...

From: matthias . bergmeister
Subject: octave won't start: panic: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:16:45 +0100

Hello,
I have a problem starting Octave 2.1.72. When starting I get the following
message:

panic: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete
Segmentation fault

I used the ./configure --enable-shared option for configuration. Before that
I installed Octave whithout this option and it worked. I use SuSE Linux 9.0.

Regards
Matthias